What do you think of the The Goal?

I added this stat tracker to the dashboard showing your percentage towards having played 50,000 words (you can also click on it for more of an explanation, and I’ll probably add some more related stats in the future).

I felt like I needed some big goal to aim for. 50k words is the goal for NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - where the goal is to write a short novel of at least 50k words, so I thought that’d be fun/interesting/challenging goal for TG2. The idea that writing that much is sure to have a positive impact on my Spanish writing skills.

What do you guys think? Would a different goal or something else be more useful or more motivating?

1 Like

50k is a good goal. Although it’s a little high for me. I’m aiming for 10,000 for the rest of this year…it might be nice to be able to set your own goal?

2 Likes

I like the idea of a personal goal. Alternatively, you could set levels to reach, say 1000 words, and then 5000, 10000 etc., with a badge or something being awarded when you reach a level.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Bex and @sbteb! I may add a way to set your own goal down the line. In the meantime I’ve updated the goal to have smaller, more attainable levels up to 50k.

I still need to add notifications when you level up and indications/badges on the profiles - work in progress!

Any other feedback please be sure to let me know. Thanks again!

I like it. I like that you can click on your level and it kicks over to the other page.
is start date stored somewhere ? it would be fun to see how long it takes to reach The Goal.

2 Likes