How to make lengthy sentences shorter

Hi, Great site, that I am addicted to! Very well done!

I was wondering if there is a way to shorten the sentences, as some tend to be quite long.

Thanks for increasing the size of the boxes we type in so we can see that was previously written!
Thanks again.
Nicole

1 Like

Hi Nicole! Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear! :slight_smile:

There isn’t a good way to shorten sentences at the moment. I might be able to add something like a ‘insert sentence after this sentence’ button to each sentence on the edit article page that would at least allow you to manually split the sentence. What do you think? Anything in mind that might work better?

Thanks again!

I think it would be cool to have a threshold of words per sentence.

For example, when importing an article the user could specify something like this:

• I only want to keep sentences with a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 words.

Alternatively, this could be done after the article was imported. All sentences are imported, but the user can use this threshold as way to filter sentences.

1 Like

@Punk cool idea! Thanks for the feedback. It might take a few weeks but I’ll see what I can come up with!

Hi Mike. Thanks for your reply. That’s a good idea. I actually worded that incorrectly.
What I meant is the amount of sentences in a box.

However, I figured that out yesterday, and divided the sentences up.

This site is really testing my abilities and helping a lot too. I an intermediate Spanish student,
and when I get it right, Hooray!

Have you figured out a way to change the “annoying” sound you get when you get it wrong?

I also haven’t figured out how to use the “audio” function.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
Nicole

1 Like

Hi Nicole! Glad to hear! :raised_hands:

Have you figured out a way to change the “annoying” sound you get when you get it wrong?

How do you mean? If you’d like to turn it off you can do so via the Settings button bottom right while playing.

I also haven’t figured out how to use the “audio” function.

Are you seeing any kind of error message? What browser are you using? Spanish voices should be available for most operating systems when using Google Chrome. You can also see a list of voices available on your computer/device via Menu > Settings.

Thanks again for all the feedback! :slight_smile:

Does anyone like the sound effect when an incorrect letter is entered?